- Date published:
- Author:Brian Wood
We are a member of BIOCOM, the largest regional life science association in the world, representing more than 550 member companies in Southern California. The association focuses on initiatives that positively influence the region’s life science community in the development and delivery of innovative products that improve health and quality of life. This includes initiatives in capital formation, public policy, workforce development, group purchasing and member services such as networking events.
The reason AIS joined BIOCOM is because this is a community of businesses especially suited for the enterprise data center services we offer. By becoming more deeply embedded in this community, we can gain valuable knowledge of the needs and struggles which will enable us to make better (more informed) decisions on the products and services we offer.
Here are some fast facts about BIOCOM:
- They have had 100% success rate in killing harmful state legislation in recent years.
- They facilitated meetings with government officials to award $67 million to county biotechs.
- They received $9 million in grant funding through the BIOCOM Institute and local partners to build comprehensive educational initiatives that advance scientific literacy.
- They feature 16 local research institutions.
- They produce more than 75 educational and networking events a year.
- They regularly meet with members of the California Congressional Delegation.
- They arranged more than 60 meetings for their members with potential investor partners.
- They offer more than 150 local area business discounts in our Employee Perks Program.
- They have helped 218 students through participation in our student internship program.
- They have trained 94 teachers with the potential to expose over 46,000 students to new biotechnology curriculum.
More information on BIOCOM or the Southern California biotechnology and medical device community, can be found at www.biocom.org.